Events for 2014:
Saturday 11th January 2014: Whittlesea Straw Bear
See official website here: http://www.strawbear.org.uk/
Monday 13th January 2014: Plough Monday, William Westley School
Teaching molly dancing to pupils! 9:30-11am.
Monday 13th January 2014: Plough Monday, St Neots
Dancing outside the Church at 7:30pm, followed by dancing at the Waggon and Horses, and then the White Horse.
Saturday 18th January 2014: Ouse Washes (Mark Jones) Day of Dance
11am The Cutter, Ely 1.30pm Little Downham, 3.30pm The Five Miles, Upware
Monday 10th March 2014: Science Ceilidh interval spot
A Science-themed ceilidh! Red Rock Ceilidh Band, callers Ed Emery and Robin Fairey. Part of the Cambridge Science Festival. 7:30-9:30pm, Emmanuel Reformed Church, Cambridge. £7/£4 concessions, under 12s free.
Saturday 5th April 2014: Thriplow Daffodil Festival
Thursday 1st May 2014: Dancing at Dawn, Castle Mound
Dancing the sun up! At approx 5:30am.
Thursday 1st May 2014: St Andrew’s Hall, Chesterton
Dancing at St Andrew’s Hall on May Day Morning, 7-8:30am.
Saturday 10th May 2014: JMO Day of Dance (Cambridge)
7th June 2014: St Neots Folk Festival
Dancing around the town as part of St Neots Folk Festival! Our spots are:
- 10:45-11:30: Market Square
- 11:45-12:30: Coach House
- 1:45-2:30: Chequers
- 2:45-3:30: United Reformed Church
- 3:30-4:30: Market Square
27th-29th June 2014: Gog Magog Molly’s 18th Birthday!
We’re planning a weekend of fun and frivolity, dancing around Cambridge on Saturday, and hanging out with friends!
Here’s the provisional plan for Saturday – note that if we show up somewhere and there’s someone already there, we’ll move to somewhere else nearby.
- 10-11: Gardens at Ditchburn Place (off Mill Road): all sides (i.e. Anonymous Morris, Boggart’s Breakfast, Gog Magog Molly, Ouse Washes Molly, Woodside Morris Men)
- By the Grafton Centre: Boggart’s Breakfast, Gog Magog Molly I (aka Gogs B), Woodside Morris Men
- Parker’s Piece / Regent Terrace: Anonymous Morris, Gog Magog Molly II (aka Gogs A), Ouse Washes Molly
- Quayside: Boggart’s Breakfast, Gog Magog Molly I (aka Gogs B), Woodside Morris Men
- Near The Mill/Granta Place: Anonymous Morris, Gog Magog Molly II (aka Gogs A), Ouse Washes Molly
- 3:30-4:30: Guild Hall: all sides
11th July 2014: William Westley School Fete
Taking part in the fete, 6-8pm.
1st-8th August 2014: Sidmouth Folk Week Kids’ Festival
Mostly running workshops for kids, also a few performances, probably in the family area.
16th-22nd August 2014: Whitby Folk Week
10th October 2014: Round Ceilidh interval display
Performing in the interval of the first Round Ceilidh of the new academic year – band Chalktown, caller Will Brooks.
Saturday 6th December: Mill Road Winter Fair, Cambridge
Dancing in the streets as part of the annual Mill Road Winter Fair! Our spots are:
11.45 to 12.30 Great Eastern Street Carpark
12.45 to 13.30 Outside the Urban Larder
14.45 to 15.30 Outside Cavendish Classic Footwear
Sunday 14th December: Pig Dyke Day of Dance, Peterborough
Dancing out with Pig Dyke and Old Glory.
- 11:00-11:30: Dancing outside the Town Hall
- 11:40-12:15: Dancing in/around Cathedral Square
- 2:15-3:00: Dancing around City Market/Laxton Square